Peer Group Trainers
HOPE Africa implements the Adolescent and Young People (AYP) programme funded by NACOSA in the Klipfontein health sub-district, City of Cape Town district. The organization is currently looking for suitably qualified/experienced candidates for Peer Group (PGT) trainer positions. The Peer Group Trainers will be responsible for effective day to day implementation of the AYP programme.
· Recruitment and mobilisation of young persons within the relevant communities
· Capturing of data pertaining to recruitment and service provision
· Provision of psycho-social support to beneficiaries
· Tracking of progress of beneficiaries
· Supportive role in the facilitation of sessions
· Administration and general office tasks as and when required
Qualifications and requirements:
· Matric or equivalent OR Grade 11 and relevant work experience
· Certificate or diploma in community development or related field will be added advantage
· Two years of experience in community development and/or community outreach work
· Experience in working with Young People will be an advantage
· Knowledge of clinics and other community-based resources for HIV services and post violence care is an added advantage
· Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) would be an advantage
· Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Police clearance certificate
To apply, email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
A cover letter motivating your application; A detailed CV (max 2 pages); Three (3) contactable references; Certified copies of your qualifications; Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Clearly mark the subject line: Peer Group Trainer
· Deadline for applications is on Tuesday 14 November 2023 at 16h00. No late applications will be accepted.
· Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
· HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.